Thursday, February 08, 2007

A little bit of WWW maccoing

The SpiceIslander Talkshop is an online forum board frequented by Grenadians here and abroad. All manner of local news, gossip and tay-lay-lay is debated in a fairly haphazard and sometimes clique-ish fashion - it's obvious that many of the "regulars" know each other. Personally while I sometimes enjoy checking out the Talkshop reactions to Grenadian current affairs, I'd be the first to say the posts can become pretty petty, tedious and hard to read, and the ability to spell (even in dialect) appears to be non-existent.

Anywhoo, I came across this post and the comments are absolutely HILARIOUS! In fact the photos at the head of the post, of Prime Minister Mitchell with young school children, simply beg to be captioned!

My favourite comments:

By just looking at their beautiful faces the kids seem to know more about genuine independence than our beloved Prime Minister.
Wha he go teach them how to TIEF Grenadian money?
and ah say to me self...but dat man also have a devious kinda smile. well lets say..a strange kinda smile check it out...
like he saying ..."is not only me hand ah have up me sleeve"...
Next thing you go hear he wearing his underpants and ah Wifebeater for the Port Louis opening.
What I was trying to say is that soon Grenada may be carved up. Half belonging to China, the other half belonging to Taiwan. I wonder who will get the half with Grand Anse?
Browse around and enjoy!
_____

Of course, true to usual Talkshop form, some of the posters go far off the topic and start yabbering on about Prince and Jimi Hendrix at the Superbowl. God! Like we Grenadians have permanent ADD or something.

Posted byYY at 12:25 pm View blog reactions